Click on water to feed fish

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sen no Kiseki II -- Continues...

Having run out of games to play (decided not to start the new Digimon title yet) I've returned to Sen no Kiseki II, which I stopped playing a year ago (needed a break from the series after spending hours on Part I) when I got stuck with those Phantom Beasts. The whole Sen no series - Legends of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - has now been localised and will be released in the West this month so I thought I'd get back into it. It's surprising to see (looking at the way I customised/set up my team) how bad I was at this game!! Like, what was I doing? I barely used buffing skills (which is a must in this game) and didn't use the recipes to cook up buff/ debuff items. No wonder I got stuck...

Well, one year and many other (J)RPG titles later, I think I've become a lot better with these games (the way I played Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core all those years ago was shocking, I didn't even know how to use items!) so when I attempted those Phantom Beast battles again, I managed to beat them all and got myself some nice "arts quartz" (which unlock some really useful special skills). So I'm now cruising along with the saga (this game is SO LONG compared with, like, Hyperdimension)... and am currently tackling the elemental caves/ dungeons, which is quite challenging (since I am on "hard" mode... I think "nightmare" is for die-hard fans only). But at least I now have characters that can evade and dodge, which makes some battle so much more manageable...

In the meantime, I'll probably get back to Persona 4 Dancing All Night later (this game is not as great as Persona 4 the Golden) and start the Digimon game (which has been getting some raving reviews) when I am done with Sen no Kiseki II (it is another turn-based JRPG)... there are just not that many good titles out there. Corpse Party: Blood Drive was fun (and the special edition is now available in my local store, which is too late!) but Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (which I downloaded using my UK PSN account and received so many rave reviews) was disappointing. 

2016 doesn't look too promising either, with only Danganronpa 3 worth the anticipation. I doubt it will be localised next year though. 

Meanwhile, the BlackBerry Priv received a firmware upgrade yesterday so I, well, upgraded my Priv (which I LOVE!) but the irony was that when I switched it off and turned it on again later, I ran into an boot up error!!! No idea what that was ... luckily I got it to work again so no big drama. Still, am a little weary of these upgrades!! With the Priv, I have stopped carrying so many phones ... eventually I really should just using the BlackBerry. Since there isn't much re-sell value for Aka/ Z/ Nokia 8310 and the JPhone, I might as well just store them away. Of the three sim cards, I use one for Priv/ Aka and then the "free" one for my PS Vita. 



I also recently bought the Gotway MCM4 ... which is SO HARD to ride!!! Must keep practising until I can balance on the one wheel. Then I can join the circus ... LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment