Click on water to feed fish

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sen no Kiseki II ... End Credit




I know it's only a game but the (sad) ending of SnK II - The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel as it is now officially called after its English release - got me a bit teary. This is the credit roll after the main game and before two post-game chapters, and the song kinda suits the mood. I'm actually amazed I managed to beat the game on "hard mode". The final battle - made up of three fights - was pretty epic. The first one was a little bit of an anti-climax though, cos my heavy-hitting unit, Milliam, practically OHKO the boss' first form (I was, like, What?!) The following fight was brilliant as it took a lot of strategising - buffing and debuffing - before I beat its second form. The third fight I kinda cheated as I checked out a guide LOL ...

I wish this game doesn't drag on though ... the third instalment is now in the making and the Japanese (and hopefully the Chinese) version will probably be released in a year's time. It has one of the most sprawling story/ plot lines, revolving around the politics of various kingdoms/ regions as well as rivalries between gods and secret societies. And SnK II feels like just the beginning of a very, very long saga. It fact, SnK II's story actually crosses over with Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki Evolution , the latter I started awhile ago but got stuck in the middle because it's in Japanese. Which is a shame cos I've heard it is a very good game too. More challenging apparently. And I'm actually playing the post-game chapter now that is linked to its protagonist Lloyd Bannings. I might give it another go, if I haven't deleted the game already ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment