Click on water to feed fish

Friday, March 2, 2012

Gravity Rush



Have finally found a game that is quite fun and addictive! I first played Gravity Rush (Gravity Daze in Japan) at the PSP Vita launch and was instantly hooked: not so much on the gameplay (the main selling point is the flying mechanics) but the gorgeous graphics. It's basically an interactive/animated graphic novel. The game system is okay ... not as cool (and easy) as Third Birthday (where you can leap from one human host to another) but the fly mechanics is still fun. It needs a bit of practising though but once you get the hang of it (directional keys + top buttons) you stop plunging into the abyss. The only "con" I can think of is when you are off the ground, you don't really know where you are flying to and often end up somewhere you don't want to be (the abyss...)

I also found, and bought, the US version of Dynasty Warriors - Next. The graphics is, again, stunning but, man, the control is ridiculously complicated ... you have to memorise a long sequence (like, six buttons to press + swiping the touch screen) in order to execute one special move ... or just to get on a horse. Being clumsy that I am, I think get hacked to death by  enemy troops before I hit the saddles. I think I'll save the game for later ... I am not much of a button smasher but the weapon accessorising does sound interesting.

So, au revoir, Tactics Ogre ~ there is not much left to do ~ it's been REALLY fun ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment