Click on water to feed fish

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

ELDEN RING (Part 2)

 So is Elden Ring difficult?

Depends on who you ask really (just check out reddit!) Some find the game horribly hard while others say this is the easiest Souls title. What do I think?

At the beginning, when I didn't know what I was doing (which is normal), it was darn hard. I was killed by even the lowest life forms in Between Lands (like, wild dogs?!) Then I realised the game offers players ways to cheese their way up! So, since my last blog entry, I have been grinding runes at this spot to level up my stats (yes, I am quite a grinder) so that I can, mainly, wield this super duper Sword of Night and Flame (it is much better than the staff!!) Sure, it has been nerfed since but it is still a decent weapon for early game. And that has basically changed the way I spec my character.


And allowed me to kill bosses, one after another. 

Instead of putting points in DEX and END, I have been investing in VIG for more HP, MIND for more FP, INT for more powerful spells and FTH for stronger incantations. Being a mage was fun for awhile but with this new sword, I find incantation + melee works far better in killing enemies. Have also picked up talismans to further boost survivability. There are also some quirky incantations that are just fun to play around (like Darkness)... 

As said in my last blog entry, if you just rush into the story without investing time in building your character, you will just spend hours looking at the You Die screen. Instead, do a bit of cheesing, run around the open world and pick up high level gear/items so by the time you are better equipped (I am now at level 66) then you can take on the early game bosses with no problem. The game becomes bearably easy!

So, I am about to go into this dungeon (quite challenging but manageable to look for items to further power up the sword) ... then it is time to take on the game's second boss. Can't wait to few-hit-KO it. LOL   

No comments:

Post a Comment