Click on water to feed fish

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention


I may finally have found a game that will help me move on from Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (!) The Disgaea series is, in a way very similar to TO; that it's Japanese, also a turn-based strategy role play game and (I've read) pretty harcore/grindy. However, judging from the couple of hours I've spent on it already, the game system/ gameplay is very different from TO. The story is not as strong (there is a lot of tongue in cheek humour) and there is A LOT to do/fiddle around with before going into, and during, a battle. It kinda reminds me of the trading card games; i.e. even the way you position your characters has an effect on the battle. The animation/graphics is great/ stunning (esp on Vita). The only thing that puts me off slightly is the English voice acting, which I had to turn off in favour for the original Japanese (which is fine cos there is English subtitling).

I'll see how this goes but so far it's promising and fun: there is NO hacking and slashing and there is so much to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment