Click on water to feed fish

Monday, April 4, 2011

Extreme Tightness (2)

My (jetsetting) instructor Lawrence dropped into town for a sojourn last weekend so we met up for a quick class on twisting. "Twist me like a Rubik's Cube" I said, and surely enough, he came up with a series of poses that did just that: crescent lunge with twists, triangle, side angle twists, reverse triangle, sage twists etc. And what I found out was how TIGHT the hip area, the glute muscles and even my leg muscles are ... and this tightness, to a large degree, has been impeding me from carrying out deeper twists.  As the result, instead of twisting, I am actually stretching my hip/glute/leg muscles ~ which is interesting (cos I don't think that is the point of twisting). And if I try to twist really deep, my knee will eventually buckle and I simply fall over. There is not much I can do about this at the moment but to stay at where I am and keep BREATHING ... hoping that, one day, these areas will open up.

From tight hips/bum muscles to a sore left thumb ... have been guessing my way through the Japanese version of Dissidia 012 Duodecim ... which became kinda pointless because, most of the time, I had no idea what I was doing. So, I cheated ~ by downloading a save file of a 99 per cent completed game. You may ask, then what is the point? Well, I have to say I'm enjoying the game immensely now because 1) I didn't have to go through the laborious (and kinda tedious) process of level-upping and 2) Didn't have to "farm" or "grind" for equipments and accessories ... some people like doing that but that's SO not for me. So thanks to the person who uploaded the saved game, I now have a vicious Lightning and Yuna ... Vaan is also pretty cool but Laguna is totally useless ... maybe I am not using him properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment