Click on water to feed fish

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Intense Button Smashing

We are all talented in one way or another -- I just wish my talent lies in video gaming. Itching for some prime/quality time with my PSP Vita this weekend, I dug up Gravity Rush, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom and Dynasty Warriors Next, all of which I'd put aside for awhile. Why? Well, as I found out, once again this morning, I am just not very good at it. Yes, I actually CAN beat the game, I just don't ENJOY the process, which kinda defeats the point of playing video games. With Gravity Rush, I really love the amazing graphics and flying/anti-gravity game feature but when it comes to beating the bosses, it's just horrible because it requires a lot of button smashing; same with Marvel vs Capcom, only this is worse cos it's simply a combat/fight game and has no story line. Zzzzz. I like the "Edit Mode" in Dynasty Warriors Next as you can create your own character and take him/her to battle but, again, the emphasis here is hack and slash. All of this makes me totally tense up and I don't wanna end up with a pinch nerve again (the last one I had one was cos I spent too many hours playing The 3rd Birthday.

This is kinda sad cos it may mean I have to sell my PSP Vita cos I simply cannot play games that are gonna give me a heart attack. Now, I understand why I like Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together so much because it's a strategy game and there is no need to button smash. So, back to that it is. This time will play through with just the three protagonists Denam, Vyce and Catiua.

Oh, went to a hot yoga class today ... sweated out all the toxins. Feeling great on this beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment