Click on water to feed fish

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Some Toe Exercising

Don't get me wrong, I don't really have a fetish for toes ;o)- but they have been a subject of fascination lately because of my inability to fan or spread them out. Actually, having practised yoga for close to five years now I'm able to fan out my toes on my right foot a bit more while it's still close to impossible on my left foot. Thanks to the Internet, I found someone else (an author named Bruce Black) who shares my exact "problem":

http://journalpractice.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/spreading-my-toes/

I've always noticed my older brother could spread out his toes really wide but when I try to do it, nothing happens. At one point I was wondering whether that has anything to do with my (dumb) brain but it turns out I'm just not aware of some muscles that are linked to the movements (flexion/curling, extension, abduction and  adduction) of the toes. According to Black, I just need to keep exercising them to, eventually, be able to feel and gain control of the muscles. This guy actually went through some similar (yoga) experiences as me so have just downloaded his book Writing Yoga onto my Kindle. Can't wait to read it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment