Click on water to feed fish

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Social Media/Networking Platforms

Have been "addicted" to several social media apps lately: Instagram, Twitter, Weibo, Line, Whatsapp, BBM, Google+ and this Blog ... never before have I exposed my life to the outer world to this extent: they know who I follow on my Twitter (James Franco and Chris Evans ~ but why?!), what I eat (horrid canteen food), where I hang out (Mandarin Landmark, karaoke lounges! Uh-er!), with whom (super cool artist Yi Zhou but mostly just myself), as well as what I do in my spare time (yoga and geek-fest-ing) ... and this is without me having a FB account! 

These platforms are devised/used mainly for sharing (with others, friends and strangers alike) ~ though, for me, they are more a visual diary for personal reference. I don't have zillions of followers, neither do I follow that many people. But I do love it when I see I'm being followed by fellow yogis or yoga websites cos it is great to be sharing my practice experiences with others ... and much of yoga teaching and learning is about sharing; from practical tips on achieving certain challenging asanas to philosophical thinking and thoughts. 

But because I'm now spending more time checking these various apps I've been thinking about upgrading my  phone (Nexus S), which is not being used to such regular use. Data volume consumed increased as battery life drops ... but should I wait for the Samsung S4 to come out or get Sony's Xperia Z? Or shall I just use Nexus S until it dies (and when is Blackberry Q10 coming out?)  



From Ubergizmo:

The Blackberry Q10 has yet to be released, but it seems that Blackberry has no plans to slow things down. According to Blackberry’s CEO, Thorsten Heins, during the company’s Q4 FY2013 earnings call, he revealed that the Blackberry Q10 is currently being tested by 40 carriers in 20 countries, suggesting that when the device is released, we can expect Blackberry to cover as much ground as possible. No word on when the Q10 will see a release, but the end of April seems to be the general consensus. We expect that more traditional Blackberry customers might be more interested in the Q10 over the Z10, especially given the familiar QWERTY physical keyboard layout that seems to be a hark back to the good old days of devices like the Bold 9900 and so on. The Q10 will be running on Blackberry 10, and just like the Z10, it will support Android app ports as well, meaning that would-be customers will not have to worry about the shortage of apps.

Wow, Blackberry sharing Android apps??? Maybe the Q10 will be the ultimate answer to my single phone but multi-platform dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment