Click on water to feed fish

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A New Laptop

I seldom buy something without taking a look at it first. But with this particular purchase yesterday, I did exactly that. Well, I knew I wanted a Lenovo (sturdy and reliable) and that it should have a 15"+ screen. The rest, though, I just left it to the shop that I'd been buying my computers from since a decade ago. I don't need anything too fancy, I told them; just something with a big screen (for video viewing), a fast-ish processor, a big-ish hard disc and that's it. Doesn't matter if it's a bit heavy cos I will be using it as a desktop anyway. So when I saw my new computer -- the Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 15 -- I was, like, okay, it HAS a large screen ~ cool! What's not so cool is that it is a tad too glossy for my liking  (terrible glare) and the CapsLock is so close to the "A" key I keep capping my letters (very annoying) ... but other than that (well, I'll just have to get used to that cos it's a bit too late to change my mind now) this computer is a major upgrade from the last one. The process of transferring all my stuff from the old computer to the new one - and having the latter set up - was surprisingly painless. These days, it seems all you need to do is to power up your computer, link it onto the Internet, and it pretty much configs itself.

Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment